Job Opening ID: 42175
Reports To: AR Business Systems Analyst, Division of Finance & Admin
Working Title: Business Systems Analyst
Department: Accounting & Fiscal Services
Bargaining Unit: 99
Payroll Job Code: 007583
Job Location: UCI Campus- Irvine
Percent of Time: 100%
Work Schedule: 8-5, M-F
Employee Class: Career
The Division of Finance and Administration (DFA) provides services and support to over 50,000 students, faculty, and staff with the mission of advancing UCI’s brilliant future and the vision of becoming world-class campus partners. DFA serves the university as planning partners, problem solvers, and solution providers—striving to make it as easy as possible for people to get the services they need, when they need them. Working closely with campus financial management, the UCI Controller’s Office is a trusted strategic partner divided into three core teams: Accounting & Fiscal Services, Procurement Services, and Financial Services. The Financial Services team provides support and resources to both the campus and Medical Center in the areas of billing, collections, payment services, disbursements, loan administration, student tax information and business systems analysis.
Applies business process and analysis concepts and department / unit and location policies and procedures in a fast-paced, high-volume processing environment that includes both the UCI main campus and the medical center. Analyzes practices and organizational policies and procedures to recommend, design and implement system efficacies and efficiencies to resolve a variety of business process problems. Works on business process issues of limited to moderate scope including legacy systems integrations with external agencies and processors. where evaluation of processes, procedures and data requires analysis using a variety of factors. Provides functional and technical end user support and business content expertise to support the $2 billion multi-system, multi-constituent Financial Services portfolio. This portfolio includes working knowledge of integrations between 28+ systems and/or programs including data transfers from key campus stakeholders. This position is a key participant in all financial services implementations. These ancillary systems are ERP agnostic and can integrate with any ERP in the Higher Ed market -this allows for both the current stabilization of Financial Services’ systems and accelerates part of any future ERP project. This position is responsible for keeping abreast of the rapid technology growth in many campus areas outside of the legacy systems as well as for multi-tasking across all systems.
$30.84 - $54.69
- 4 years’ experience in business systems analysis in a high volume, integrated, multi system environment.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Intermediate knowledge of related areas of IT.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team.
- Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, critical thinking problem-solving skills.
- General knowledge of business and process analysis functions.
- Knowledge relating to software design.
- Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
- Skills associated with analysis of processes and issues of moderate scope, information flow and architecture.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Interpersonal and communications skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Excellent decision-making, time-management, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience with Cognos, Tableau, or similar reporting tools.
- Knowledge of FERPA, HIPPA, PII and PCI best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with Cascade and HTML website management.
- Knowledge and experience with accounting practices and systems.
Special Conditions Required:
- Must pass a background check.
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license and participate in DMV Pull-notice program.
- May be required to work outside of regularly scheduled shift.
- May be required to work onsite.
Conditions of Employment:
The University of California, Irvine (UCI) seeks to provide a safe and healthy environment for the entire UCI community. As part of this commitment, all applicants who accept an offer of employment must comply with the following conditions of employment:
Background Check and Live Scan
Legal Right to work in the United States
Smoking and Tobacco Policy
Drug Free Environment
The following additional conditions may apply, some of which are dependent upon business unit or job specific requirements.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce along with honoring unique experiences, perspectives, and identities. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (949) 824-0500 or [email protected].