This job posting is no longer active.
Updated: Mar 21, 2023
Department: Cancer Center
Job Opening ID: 49379
Reports To: Clinical Research Manager
Working Title: Clinical Research Coordinator - Hybrid
Department: Cancer Center
Bargaining Unit: RX
Payroll Job Code: 009335
Job Location: UCI Med Center-Orange
Percent of Time: 100%
Work Schedule: 8-5, M-F
Employee Class: Career
The NCI-designated Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center (CFCCC) is a campus-wide multidisciplinary matrix organization whose goal is to promote and enhance cancer-relevant research and patient care at UC Irvine. The CFCCC provides research resources to its ~175 members engaged in research and offers multidisciplinary cancer care to its patients.
Under supervision of the Clinical Research Manager of the Clinical Trials Unit, the Clinical Research Coordinator supports the clinical research efforts of the Cancer Center by providing comprehensive coordination and data management of multiple Phase I-IV cancer-related protocols according to Good Clinical Practices (GCP), internal standard operating procedure (SOPs), and University policies and procedures. The incumbent is responsible for supporting and coordinating all aspects of the cancer-related trials (Phase I-IV) for protocol specific requirements, research procedures, research chart preparation, data collection, and record keeping. Attends clinic to assist the Principal Investigator (PI) with recruitment, screening, consenting, administering questionnaires, answer research patient questions, schedule appointments, etc. Serve as the liaison to sponsors, governing agencies and facilitate transmission of verbal and written communication to national cooperative oncology groups, pharmaceutical companies and other research entities as needed. The incumbent is also responsible for maintaining communication with all elements of a multi-level research network, including attending Disease Oriented Teams (DOTs) meetings, interacting with sponsoring agencies including National Cancer Institute, and compliance and regulatory groups such as the Institutional Review Board (IRB), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and sponsor monitors. In addition, this individual must accurately maintain clinical trial information in the clinical trial management system (OnCore) adhere to institutional policies and external Cancer Center Support Grant guidelines for reporting to the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
In addition to the salary range listed below, we offer a wealth of benefits to make working at UCI even more rewarding. These benefits may include medical insurance, sick and vacation time, retirement savings plans, and access to a number of discounts and perks. Please utilize the links listed here to learn more about our compensation practices
$31.03 - $51.13 (hourly)
- Minimum experience of three years as a clinical research coordinator or three years as an Assistant CRC working with cancer therapeutic trials
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate strong commitment to duties Ability to perform ongoing needs analysis and recommend solutions to resolve concern. Ability to work within a deadline-driven structure Demonstrated experience in maintaining flexibility and adaptability while implementing institutional change Demonstrated high-level communication skills to convey information in a clear and concise way, synthesizing information and presenting it to others
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities to resolve concerns that arise unexpectedly Demonstrated ability to research, properly evaluate information, and prepare concise, well organized reports, summaries, and correspondence Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a complex and dynamic workload Demonstrated skill in interacting with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds
- Ability to prioritize assignments and achieve high productivity/quality with short time frames, under rigid deadlines, and /or in environments with frequent workload changes and competing demands Skill in working independently, taking initiative and following through on assignments Ability to think critically, compiles data from various sources, analyze data, and prepare reports.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team High level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality Foster and promote a positive attitude and professional appearance Strong attention to detail 3-5 Years of related clinical research coordination work experience with Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science, or equivalent experience Working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Minimum experience of three years as a clinical research coordinator or three years as an Assistant CRC working with cancer therapeutic trials
- Ability to interact with the public, faculty, and staff Ability to establish and maintain files and records Access to transportation to off-site research locations Willingness to work as a supportive, cooperative member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines, despite interruptions Ability to independently exercise discretion and sound judgment Ability to work collegially and cooperatively in a small office and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience with cancer-related research. Experience with clinical trial management systems, preferably OnCore.
- Knowledge with various types of human subject clinical trials i.e., National Group, Industrial, and Investigator-authored
Special Conditions Required:
- May require study management coordination outside of normal business hours. May require travel to satellite sites.
Conditions of Employment:
The University of California, Irvine (UCI) seeks to provide a safe and healthy environment for the entire UCI community. As part of this commitment, all applicants who accept an offer of employment must comply with the following conditions of employment:
Background Check and Live Scan
Legal Right to work in the United States
Smoking and Tobacco Policy
Drug Free Environment
The following additional conditions may apply, some of which are dependent upon business unit or job specific requirements.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy
We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce along with honoring unique experiences, perspectives, and identities. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (949) 824-0500 or [email protected]