This job posting is no longer active.
Updated: Apr 18, 2023
Job Opening ID: 50556
Working Title: Special Project Coordinator
Bargaining Unit: 99
Payroll Job Code: 007376
Job Location: UCI Campus- Irvine
Percent of Time: 100%
Work Schedule: 8-5, M-F
Employee Class: Career
The UC Irvine Department of Chemistry is one of four departments in the School of Physical Sciences. Our Department provides world-class education and training for our student population while pushing the frontiers of knowledge through cutting edge research. The Special Project Coordinator is a key part of a collaborative management team in the Department of Chemistry that works together to find innovative solutions and practices to achieve goals and improve administrative practices. The Department of Chemistry is committed to excellence through inclusion and diversity. We welcome, respect, and are strengthened by our diversity as women, men, and people of all gender identities, gender expressions, and sexual orientations. We benefit from our common humanity, as well as our difference in race, ethnicity, age, national origins, socioeconomic backgrounds, abilities, religions, and point of view. Come be part of our excellent team!
The Special Project Coordinator in the Department of Chemistry at UC Irvine is independently responsible for all facets of the management and administration of the Department of Chemistry’s seminar programs, distinguished lectures, and special events, (~60 per year). In addition, the Special Project Coordinator provides ongoing high level analytical support and project management for the Mukamel research group.
In addition to the salary range listed below, we offer a wealth of benefits to make working at UCI even more rewarding. These benefits may include medical insurance, sick and vacation time, retirement savings plans, and access to a number of discounts and perks. Please utilize the links listed here to learn more about our compensation practices
$21.98 - $45.02 (Hourly Rate)
$60,760.80 - $67,985.25 is the department budgeted rate
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns. Skill to analyze situations, define problems, identify and anticipate outcomes, formulate and communicate logical conclusions. Solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes in an environment of competing objectives and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision. Exceptional written and oral communication skills to interact effectively with a broad range of faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Skill in drafting, editing and proofreading materials for accuracy and completeness.
- Working knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs such as Mac, PC, Excel, Access, and Microsoft Windows software. Ability to use discretion, tact, and maintain confidentiality.
- Familiarity with University computer systems, policies and procedures. Experience planning and implementing special events in an academic environment.
Conditions of Employment:
The University of California, Irvine (UCI) seeks to provide a safe and healthy environment for the entire UCI community. As part of this commitment, all applicants who accept an offer of employment must comply with the following conditions of employment:
Background Check and Live Scan
Legal Right to work in the United States
Smoking and Tobacco Policy
Drug Free Environment
The following additional conditions may apply, some of which are dependent upon business unit or job specific requirements.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy
We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce along with honoring unique experiences, perspectives, and identities. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (949) 824-0500 or [email protected]